Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Six (plus one) Traits of Writing

Chris Crutcher did and awesome job with this novel. I was surprised at how much I like Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes. Crutcher has an awesome individual voice and really captures this character and the mindset of a teenager. His Ideas and Content are also well thought out. The author seamlessly puts together a host of topics and ideas without the story feeling too busy or packed. Organization was a little funny because the author jumps from flashbacks to modern time so it can tend to be hard to follow- I didn't have as much trouble as others who read the book, but it's worth mentioning. Word choice and Sentence Fluency were exceptional- as those of all published authors are. Conventions and Presentation is more of the responsibility of the publishing company, but were also fine as well.

No comments: